MensLine Australia is a professional telephone and online support and information service for Australian men
1300 78 99 78 24/7

Profile Picture

Any mens groups in Melbourne?

Posted By Chris1 6 Years Ago
Rated stars based on 3 votes.
Author
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Forum Guru

Forum Guru (271 reputation)Forum Guru (271 reputation)Forum Guru (271 reputation)Forum Guru (271 reputation)Forum Guru (271 reputation)Forum Guru (271 reputation)Forum Guru (271 reputation)Forum Guru (271 reputation)Forum Guru (271 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Hi ALL,

Does any-one know of any men's groups in Melbourne. I am 31 and looking to connect with other men for company and support etc.

Thanks.

About time
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Forum Member

Forum Member (30 reputation)Forum Member (30 reputation)Forum Member (30 reputation)Forum Member (30 reputation)Forum Member (30 reputation)Forum Member (30 reputation)Forum Member (30 reputation)Forum Member (30 reputation)Forum Member (30 reputation)

Hi Chris1! I have just joined and I too am looking for a deceny mens group. Moved to Melbourne to be with my partner. I am divorced with twins at Uni. in Adelaide. Spent so much time helping my partner and her children that I have made very few friends here- all my mates are in Adelaide. Let me know if you hear of a group. If not I am sure that we could start one up!

Cheers! John.

JD

mitch1
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Forum Guru

Forum Guru (537 reputation)Forum Guru (537 reputation)Forum Guru (537 reputation)Forum Guru (537 reputation)Forum Guru (537 reputation)Forum Guru (537 reputation)Forum Guru (537 reputation)Forum Guru (537 reputation)Forum Guru (537 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Take a look at the service's database page on the mensline site- you can look up men's groups in Victoria there - seem to be a few.

Chris1
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Forum Guru

Forum Guru (271 reputation)Forum Guru (271 reputation)Forum Guru (271 reputation)Forum Guru (271 reputation)Forum Guru (271 reputation)Forum Guru (271 reputation)Forum Guru (271 reputation)Forum Guru (271 reputation)Forum Guru (271 reputation)

Hi JD,

I have done a bit of digging around and general men's groups have been harder to find than I would have thought. There are a lot of men's groups around that have specific focuses (single dads, assistance with aggression etc ) but general support ones I found tougher to locate.

Nonetheless, send me an email and i'll be happy to give you some numbers to try.

Cheers,

Chris.

helpkevin25
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Forum Member

Forum Member (81 reputation)Forum Member (81 reputation)Forum Member (81 reputation)Forum Member (81 reputation)Forum Member (81 reputation)Forum Member (81 reputation)Forum Member (81 reputation)Forum Member (81 reputation)Forum Member (81 reputation)

Hi there there is mens referral service ph 9428 2899 melbourne

and dids dads in distress www.dadsindistress.asn.au

ph 1300 853 437 email dids@nor.com.au

Anonymous
Posted 6 Years Ago
anonymous member

I'm looking for a mens group in inner Melbourne and I've been searching the web for hours. I can't believe its this hard!

Can anyone help?

Anonymous
Posted 6 Years Ago
anonymous member

have a look for some mensheds in your area

http://www.mensheds.com.au/index.php?id=locator

DT
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Forum Member

Forum Member (95 reputation)Forum Member (95 reputation)Forum Member (95 reputation)Forum Member (95 reputation)Forum Member (95 reputation)Forum Member (95 reputation)Forum Member (95 reputation)Forum Member (95 reputation)Forum Member (95 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
I too have found it hard to find a men's group. Most don't advertise, only by word of mouth.

So the only answer to that is to start your own.

I therefore would like to invite other interested men to contact me who live in the Mitcham area of Melbourne. 

I'd like to keep this as a small intimate group of men looking for support.

I have some ideas as to the workings of this prospective group. Perhaps this could be discussed online initially.

mouce
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Forum Member

Forum Member (89 reputation)Forum Member (89 reputation)Forum Member (89 reputation)Forum Member (89 reputation)Forum Member (89 reputation)Forum Member (89 reputation)Forum Member (89 reputation)Forum Member (89 reputation)Forum Member (89 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
DT,

I live in Greensborough at the moment, but the trip to Mitcham doesn't bother me too much.  I've managed to find a few online forums like this one, but sometimes the best thing for it is to get together and talk face to face.

I'm a 27yo who was diagnosed with acute anxiety 3 years ago, and have just become a father (10 days and counting). 

Let me know if you get a group up and running, depending on where I'm living at the time (moving in about three months), I'd be interested.

Cheers,
Michael

DT
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Forum Member

Forum Member (95 reputation)Forum Member (95 reputation)Forum Member (95 reputation)Forum Member (95 reputation)Forum Member (95 reputation)Forum Member (95 reputation)Forum Member (95 reputation)Forum Member (95 reputation)Forum Member (95 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
G'day Michael,

What are you seeking for a men's group and how's it being a new dad?

DT