MensLine Australia is a professional telephone and online support and information service for Australian men
1300 78 99 78 24/7

Profile Picture

ex partner

Posted By nigel 2 Years Ago
Rated stars based on 1 vote.
Author
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Forum Guru

Forum Guru (298 reputation)Forum Guru (298 reputation)Forum Guru (298 reputation)Forum Guru (298 reputation)Forum Guru (298 reputation)Forum Guru (298 reputation)Forum Guru (298 reputation)Forum Guru (298 reputation)Forum Guru (298 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
well she left last september and took the kids,since oct 1 she  has been on the rsvp site daily.She now hangs around a single mother like a bad smell and her freinds which are all kiwis(no offence)all this other single mother and my ex do is go out partying and drinking.she did not allow me to see the kids in september while her mother was here and didnt allow me to go to my two sons combined bday or my parents.they are only 4 and 2.it was hard at the start i worked more and drunk more which took time away from the kids which wasnt fair on them,so from december i seen them as much as i could.Its hard my ex has been out drinking and partying every second weekend since october 1 and even weekends she has had the kids she gets babysitters and is still doing it.I had seen my kids everyday since dec 24 dropping off and picking up from here house but on feb 9 while i had my kids the police show up with a vro,its shattered me as i am allowed no contact with the ex or aloud within 100metres of her or her house,so i cannot contact about the kids which are 6,4 and 2.and she will now only do drop off at the police station in the carpark,its not fair on our kids.she has text me asking if i want to see the kids and saying i can contact her regarding the kids but after getting legal advice twice i am not allowed to contact her at all.since getting the vro i find out its exactly what the now best freind single mother did to her partner even the drop offs.im lost what to do?friday 17th feb my kids are at school/daycare and i find out there mother is at the pub all day and is to drunk to pick them up so i get a text"u wanna see the kids today"at this stage i didnt know were she was,i dont reply cause i cant,any way her and the other single mum are to drunk so they have to get another freind to drive them to pick the kids up but instead of going home they go back to this other ladys house to continue with my daughter how wrong is that and she leaves my to boys at daycare until 6 oclock.What can i do i worry so much about my kids i just know they arent getting the best cause how can a single mother of three on a pension afford a social life of a twenty year old.what can i do?this vro has me cornered.i am also very concerned for my ex i still love her.we were together for 14 years and it isnt the person i know at the moment .What can i do?

Google
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Forum Guru

Forum Guru (12,087 reputation)Forum Guru (12,087 reputation)Forum Guru (12,087 reputation)Forum Guru (12,087 reputation)Forum Guru (12,087 reputation)Forum Guru (12,087 reputation)Forum Guru (12,087 reputation)Forum Guru (12,087 reputation)Forum Guru (12,087 reputation)

Last Active: Today @ 2:03 AM
The VRO is an issue.

What is it? See my previous posts about IVO's & how to deal with one.

Read that & explain what your VRO is all about.

nigel
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Forum Guru

Forum Guru (298 reputation)Forum Guru (298 reputation)Forum Guru (298 reputation)Forum Guru (298 reputation)Forum Guru (298 reputation)Forum Guru (298 reputation)Forum Guru (298 reputation)Forum Guru (298 reputation)Forum Guru (298 reputation)

the vro says there is to be no improper contact and i am not allowed within 100mtres of her house or any place she is.

we have three kids but there is nothing on the vro about them.she has text me on several occasions saying 'do you want to see the kids;and saying'you can still contact me regarding the kids'but i know after seeking legal advice of two laywers i am allowed no contact.i filed my objection and got a copy of the affidavit she filled out it reads as follows

Incident 1-she wrote

There is no specific incident just ongoing abuse and harrasment.i have been seeing a domestic violence counciller with my three kids.

many texts,phone calls and visits to my house without notice,he tried to force his way i called the police but they said as there is no vro in place they cannot do anything

incident 2-she wrote

i was dropping the kids off to there dad to see them,it was millers bday,he was very aggressive and verbally abusive and pushing,my nephew was with me 12/09/2011

(yes i was angry upset as i was just told i was not allowed to attened my sons combined 4th and 2nd bday party the following weekend)

incident 3-she wrote

he had the children to 1.30pm and i asked him to drop them at a freinds house were i was at for australia day but he refused and demanded me to go home,i said no the argument went on via text all afternoon,he than stopped contact and would not tell me what was happening and wouldnt give them back.

(no i did not drop them there she was at a party were the invite on facebook said-aussie day pissup and swim from 9am the 26th to 9am 27th reqiurments bring bulk piss.do you blame me for not wanting to take them there)

finally she writes on the affidavit

he makes me very scared i feel i cant live my life as i am fearful he is watching me.i feel intimidated for myself and my three kids.

thats it signed on the 3/2/2012

its funny about incident 2 i had the kids in my care on the 25th,26th,27th,28th overnight and all day,allday till 5.30pm on the 29th overnight on the 30th then school started and i start work at 6am so. she done this affidavit on the 3rd but she let me have the kids overnight on the 4th,all day till 5pm on the 5th.3pm pickup from her house on the 6th and had them overnight,took them to school on the 7th,then we went and had coffee together,she had the court hearing to get it granted on the 8th and it was that day i picked the kids up at 3pm from school and her house then dropped them back to her house at 7.30pm,picked my 6yr old daughter up from school on the 9th and had her at my house thats when the police showed up and issued it.then i picked the kids up from school on the 10th and had them over the weekend. 

who can work all that out and how was a vro granted

Google
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Forum Guru

Forum Guru (12,087 reputation)Forum Guru (12,087 reputation)Forum Guru (12,087 reputation)Forum Guru (12,087 reputation)Forum Guru (12,087 reputation)Forum Guru (12,087 reputation)Forum Guru (12,087 reputation)Forum Guru (12,087 reputation)Forum Guru (12,087 reputation)

Last Active: Today @ 2:03 AM
Why didn't you get a notification that there was a hearing so you could defend it? Speak to a lawyer about appealing it. Costs money but you'll lose your kids if you don't. Use lack of notification as the reason

nigel
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Forum Guru

i have objected and have a court hearing on the 17th april but it stays in force until then,im in western australia.